HSBC Smart Saver Account
Competitive variable rate of 0.50% p.a.
No minimum opening or ongoing balance required
Rates and Fees
- No monthly account fee for HSBC Premier customers1
- No charges for transfers to and from your account via Phone or Internet Banking (remember no interest will be paid if you make a withdrawal during the month)
- Fees may apply for other account services. Please refer to our HSBC Retail Banking and Wealth Management Fees and Charges brochure (PDF, 76KB) for full details
Are you eligible?
This account is available exclusively to our Premier customers.
To qualify for HSBC Premier, you need to meet the following qualifying criteria:
- A minimum value of NZD500,000 in home loans with HSBC in New Zealand (facility limit not outstanding balance); and/or
- A minimum value of NZD100,000 in savings and investments with HSBC in New Zealand; and/or
- If you are an overseas HSBC Premier customer you will automatically qualify for Premier customer status in New Zealand.
After qualifying as a HSBC Premier customer, minimum home loan values no longer apply, although other home lending criteria may still need to be met. Eligibility criteria applies to HSBC Premier and the eligibility criteria is set at our discretion.
New to HSBC?
Already an HSBC customer?
Terms and conditions
1A monthly service fee will apply to Non-Premier customers with a Smart Saver Account. Please refer to our HSBC Retail Banking and Wealth Management Fees and Charges brochure (PDF, 76KB) for full details.
Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on the last business day of the month.
No interest will be paid if a withdrawal is made during the month. If you make a withdrawal on or after the last business day of the month, it will result in no interest being applied in the following month. For example, if you make a withdrawal on Friday, 29 July 2016, Saturday, 30 July 2016 or Sunday, 31 July 2016 no interest will be applied in the month of August 2016
Interest rate is subject to change at any time
No interest is payable on balances over $5,000,000
Maximum of one Smart Saver Account per customer
HSBC Smart Saver Account applicants must be individuals aged 18+
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, incorporated in the Hong Kong SAR, acting through its New Zealand branch (“HSBC”).