Customer feedback and complaints
We are working hard to provide a positive experience for our customers and welcome any feedback and suggestions regarding our customer service and products. If you have had a poor experience, we want to hear about it and will provide a resolution as quickly as possible.
Also, if you have general feedback or have had a positive experience, we would love to hear about that, too.
Not satisfied? Please let us know.
As a customer of HSBC, you have the right to expect quality service and support at all times. It’s something we are committed to and take pride in delivering. There may be times, however, when you feel we’ve let our high standards slip. When that happens, we want to know about it. This will allow us to respond appropriately, meet your expectations, and enable us to enhance the standard of service we deliver to all customers.
We have outlined the various ways that you can make a complaint regarding any aspect of our service. Rest assured that once your complaint has been received, we will respond promptly to resolve the issue.
How do I lodge a complaint?
- If you have a Relationship Manager, you can raise your complaint directly to them in the first instance.
- Visit our branch and talk to one of our friendly staff. They will take personal responsibility for dealing with your concerns.
- Call us toll free on 0800 028 088 within New Zealand or, if calling from overseas, on +64 9 368 8557 (international toll charges apply). We are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Raise your complaint via our website, through our online feedback form.
- Send us your complaint in writing to HSBC Customer Relations, P.O Box 5947, Wellesley Street, Auckland, New Zealand, or drop it into our branch.
- If, despite our best efforts, you feel that your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with, you may at any time escalate your complaint to our Customer Relations Manager by e-mail at email@example.com.
Whichever avenue you choose, we will personally endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours and will actively strive to provide a prompt resolution. Please note that telephone conversations may be monitored and recorded for training and verification purposes.
Contacting the Banking Ombudsman
HSBC subscribes to the New Zealand Bankers Association Code of Banking Practice and belongs to the Banking Ombudsman Scheme. If you feel that your complaint with HSBC has not been resolved satisfactorily through our internal complaint procedures, you have the right to present your complaint to the Banking Ombudsman. The Banking Ombudsman will act, free of charge, as an independent party in the dispute.
HSBC is a member of the independent dispute resolution scheme operated by the Banking Ombudsman and approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs for the purposes of the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008.
For more information regarding the Banking Ombudsman, please refer to the Banking Ombudsman brochure, which is available from any HSBC branch, or alternatively, you can contact the Banking Ombudsman at the address below:
The Office of the Banking Ombudsman
PO Box 25-327, Featherston Street, Wellington 6146
Telephone: (04) 915 0400. Freephone: 0800 805 950