HSBC Premier Explorer Account
Features and benefits
HSBC Premier Explorer offers your child a number of benefits, with no monthly service fees, no Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale (EFTPOS) fees and no ATM fees when using HSBC or Westpac ATMs within New Zealand. HSBC Premier Explorer provides the account holder with:
- Open an account in the name of your child or grandchild under the age of 25
- An HSBC Card:If your child is thirteen years of age or older, on written authority from you, they can be provided with an HSBC Card to perform cash withdrawals and retail purchases. They can also access the account via Internet Banking and Phone Banking OR if they are twelve years of age or younger, you can be provided with an HSBC Card to perform cash withdrawals and retail purchases on your child’s behalf. You will also be able to access the account via Internet Banking and Phone Banking
Peace of mind when your child travels
- Help your child travel safely with unique HSBC Premier Explorer opportunities.
- Receive emergency assistance at any HSBC Premier lounge worldwide
- Grant your child permission to access up to USD2,000 in the event of an emergency
- Arrange overseas HSBC accounts before your child's departure2
- Make around-the-clock enquiries on 0800 02 80 88 (within New Zealand) or +64 9 368 8557 from overseas (international toll charges apply)
New to HSBC?
Discover how we can support your personal economy.
Already an account holder?
Access your HSBC Premier products and services and discover how we can support your personal economy.
1Excludes clearance, cheque, cash handling and telegraphic transfer fees. Network charges apply for ATM withdrawals from ATM machines. Please refer to Section B of the Retail Banking and Wealth Management Fees and Charges guide (PDF, 221KB).
2New account openings are subject to that country's terms and conditions and any local regulatory restrictions. Ask at your local branch for further information or direct contact details for international HSBC offices.