Kia ora and welcome to the land of the long white cloud
Set up your account before arrival
Please allow up to 30 days to process your application. You must meet all HSBC qualifying criteria and document submission requirements.
Available in more than 30 countries/territories
Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations.
Credit history transfer
By transferring your HSBC credit history, it's even easier to continue your banking relationship with us. Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations.
Dedicated HSBC International Case Manager
An HSBC International Case Manager will take the time to get to understand your international banking needs and help complete the application for you. They will be your one point of contact for your application from start to finish.
Talk to us
Not yet in New Zealand?
Contact your local International Banking Centre
Get us to call you
Complete the email us form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
What do I need to apply?
- Proof of residential address within 3 months (e.g. bank statement or utility bill)
- A valid purpose to open an account in New Zealand, supporting document is required to proof your connection to New Zealand:
- New Zealand citizen returning home
- Immigrating to New Zealand (Residence Visa/ Work Visa/ Student Visa holders)
- Purchasing or already own property in New Zealand
- Supporting direct family/children in New Zealand or attending school
- New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident living outside of New Zealand
- Your annual income details
- Documents to confirm source of your initial and ongoing deposits
- Tax residency information including TIN (Tax Identification Number, if available)
What is HSBC Premier?
HSBC Premier is here to help you and your family live a life full of life, whether you're buying a new home, investing in your future, caring for loved ones, or simply looking to enjoy the benefits of all your hard work. HSBC Premier is a dedicated, truly personal service with competitive rates and pricing, assistance for you and your family, wherever you are in the world.
Find out how you can enjoy all that HSBC Premier has to offer
What is the process?
If you are already in New Zealand or will be arriving within the next 4 weeks, please call us on 0800 028 088 or +64 9 3688 557 from overseas (international toll charges apply) to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced Relationship Managers.
You may also complete the email us form and we will get in touch with you shortly to discuss the options available.
If you are remain living overseas please contact your local International Banking Centre to get started. Our experienced International Case Manager will complete the application with you over the phone. Please note that you will be required to visit HSBC branch in your local home country/region to complete your ID verification and sighting on our behalf.