At HSBC Premier, we're continually looking at ways in which we can help you make your mark, both here and overseas. Our extensive global presence means we have access to resources and international networks that can provide you with the very best in banking around the world, plus our local expertise means we can also provide you with the very best service here at home as well.
- No annual fee for HSBC Premier1Quick and easy request for a card – you can apply within internet banking, over the phone, or in branch.
- Use your own money – no 'credit card' billsYour HSBC Debit Mastercard is simply linked to your eligible HSBC transaction account or savings account - so when you use your card, you're using the money in your account (including any prearranged overdraft funds).
- Use your card details to shop online on the world wide webUse it to buy things online, over the phone, and overseas2.
- Set up regular payments or pay for subscriptions using your card detailsUse your card details to pay for those regular bills.
- Use wherever Mastercard is acceptedUse ATMs to view your account balance(s) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- HSBC Debit Mastercard PrivilegesAccess to a broad range of local and global experiences across dining, travel, retail and entertainment. With offers handpicked for Mastercard cardholders, spoil yourself by visiting Mastercard website.
- Tap & goTM at contactless terminals across the globeTap & go at a contactless terminals – in New Zealand or overseas. Here in New Zealand you'll have to enter your PIN for any amount over $80. Overseas, there's a similar threshold, although the amount will vary by country.
Apply now with the HSBC Debit Mastercard®
HSBC Debit Mastercard fees
|Annual card fee
|Overseas transaction fee2, 3
||2.10% of transaction amount
||$15 per card
|Card delivery overseas
Annual card fee
Overseas transaction fee2, 3
2.10% of transaction amount
$15 per card
Card delivery overseas
HSBC Debit Mastercard transaction limits
||Daily limit value
|Daily limit value
|Daily limit value
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions related to the HSBC Debit Mastercard, please take a look at the frequently asked questions (FAQ) below. If you don't find the answers you are looking for, please call us on 0800 02 80 88.
What is an HSBC Debit Mastercard?Collapse Expand
Do I need an HSBC bank account to hold an HSBC Debit Mastercard?Collapse Expand
How do I get an HSBC Debit Mastercard?Collapse Expand
What is the annual fee for an HSBC Debit Mastercard?Collapse Expand
What age can a child or minor have an HSBC Debit Mastercard?Collapse Expand
When can I start using my card?Collapse Expand
How do I activate my card?Collapse Expand
How do I get my PIN?Collapse Expand
How can I change my PIN?Collapse Expand
What identification do I need to take to change my PIN?Collapse Expand
How much will it cost to use my debit card for overseas transactions?Collapse Expand
Where is the security code on my card?Collapse Expand
Why can't I withdraw up to the daily withdrawal limit at BNZ ATMs?Collapse Expand
Should I tell HSBC if I'm going to travel overseas?Collapse Expand
What should I do if there is a card transaction on my statement that I haven't authorised?Collapse Expand
What is a card transaction?Collapse Expand
What should I do if I need a replacement card?Collapse Expand
What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?Collapse Expand
What happens when my HSBC Debit Mastercard expires?Collapse Expand
2The HSBC overseas transaction fee may apply when you withdraw cash or spend overseas or in foreign currency. The NZD transaction amount will appear on your statement and will include any ATM operator or retailer fee if applicable. A separate transaction amount on your statement, will include this overseas transaction fee, made up of any currency conversion margins and any applicable Mastercard fee. Please refer to the HSBC Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions (PDF, 77KB) for more details on using your card overseas, foreign currency spend and any applicable reversals on your HSBC Debit Mastercard.
Terms and conditions
Mastercard and Priceless are registered trademarks and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Tap & go is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, incorporated in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), acting through its New Zealand branch (“HSBC”).